Studying with NCNZ
To be New Zealand's leading provider of affordable blended and online education in the field of natural medicine, offering high quality education through blended learning including home study, classroom teaching and practical workshop activities. We provide support networks that facilitate learning by creating an environment for all students to achieve their full potential, fostering empathy and respect for all.
- To continue to graduate high quality, competent and confident natural health practitioners to meet the growing population needs within New Zealand
- To utilise advances in technology in order to maximise the effectiveness of qualification delivery through multimedia presentations, videos and e-learning
- To provide higher level academic qualifications up to and including degree, increasing the knowledge, skills and professional creditability of the natural therapy workforce
- To provide opportunities for professional development to participate in research-based practice.
- Striving for quality and excellence
- Recognition and respect of ALL people as individuals
- Appreciating diversity
- Commitment and dedication to meet and exceed student expectations
- Acting with integrity, honesty and trust
- Uphold the principles of the College promoting moral and ethical ideals
- Support and encourage personal and organisational success.
Te Whare Tapa Wha
The Naturopathic College of New Zealand upholds the principle of Te Whare Tapa Wha, the Maori model of health, which closely aligns to the principles of holistic healthcare. The Te Whare Tapa Wha model of health is an analogy for a person’s health. The four cornerstones (or walls) of the house represents different facets of our health – the mind, the body, the spirit and the family. The health of the land (whenua) and air (hau) are aspects of this model that are also part of a healthy environment:
- Taha tinana (physical health)
- Taha wairua (spiritual health)
- Taha whanau (family health)
- Taha hinengaro (mental health).