- 1 can wild or sockeye salmon, drained
- ½ cup gluten-free or wheat free bread crumbs
- 1 cup of walnuts
- 2 free range eggs
- ½ cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp sea salt, and more to taste
- ¼ tsp dried thyme (or ½ tsp if using fresh)
- ½ tsp dried dill (or 1 tsp if using fresh)
- black pepper, to taste
Put canned salmon, walnuts, breadcrumbs & eggs and in a food processor and process for 10-15 seconds.
Add peas and the rest of the ingredients and process for another 10 seconds.
Divide into 6-7 patties, filling heart cookie cutter is optional.
Place on a silicone lined or parchment paper lined baking sheet with a little bit of space in between each patty.
Bake 375 for 10 minutes, flip the burgers and continue baking for another 5 min.
Take burgers out of oven and serve between buns or however you would prefer.
The heart-healthy omega fatty acids come from the salmon, walnuts, and eggs. We have ground up wheat-free market bread for the bread crumbs, or you can use ground Mary’s crackers to keep it gluten-free.
Recipe obtained from Dr. Nicholas Anhorn, Naturopathic By Nature, (2022).