This programme consists of four 15 credit courses
|SCP 401||Pathways: Study skills and career preparation|
|SCP 402||Essentials: Human biological science|
|SCP 403||Opportunities: Natural health therapies|
|SCP 404||Connections: Human anatomy and physiology|
Through the completion of the programme graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate academic skills that will allow progression to higher academic study
- Work independently and collaboratively to locate, select and analyse information
- Construct and communicate information using a range of media
- Explain the philosophy, benefits and use of natural therapies
- Explore the concepts of holistic health, wellbeing and a healthy lifestyle
- Develop an understanding of the principles and concepts associated with biological sciences
- Demonstrate an understanding of the overall function of various body systems and the interrelationship between anatomy and physiology
- Research, develop and critique a career path and identify career and study goals
- This qualification builds on qualifications at NZQF levels 2 and/or 3, including National Certificate in Educational Achievement (Levels 2 and 3) [Ref: 0973 and 0974].
- Holders of this qualification will be able to progress to further study or training at NZQF Level 5 and above (degree, diploma or certificate) related to the context of their programme
Graduates of this certificate may have enhanced employment opportunities in industries and professions associated with the context of their programme.
NCEA Level 2 (or equivalent)
Recognition of Prior Learning Form (RPL) is not offered for this Programme.
19 weeks full time or 1 year part time
The majority of your learning will be based from home, using online materials. Assessments will be a combination of online quizzes and written assessments.
February and July each year. For exact start dates please refer to the calendar.
| The Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology||E. N. Marieb & S. M. Keller|