This programme consists of four 15 credit courses:
- Introduction to Natural Health Therapies
- Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology 1
- Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology 2
- Study and Employment Pathways
Subjects covered within the courses include:
Academic writing | Career pathways | Skills and strengths of rangatiratanga | Study training | Employment pathways | Human biology | Anatomy and physiology | Natural health therapies.
|2024 Tuition Fees
|$2,432 including GST
|$100 including GST
Fees free, student loans and payment plans* are available. Apply today and our friendly team can talk you through your options.
Student loans and allowances are administered by StudyLink.
*Eligibility criteria applies, please contact the Team for more information.
Find out more here.
Graduates of New Zealand Certificate in Study and Employment Pathways (Level 4) (Health Science) will be able to:
- Investigate information on health science and health therapies from a variety of credible sources to form as reasoned discussion
- Research Māori and Pasifika natural health approaches or philosophies available to be used in Aotearoa
- Communicate natural health, and health information to an audience
- Describe the requirements of human life and the structural organisation of the body
- Collaborate in a group and work independently to complete a health focused project
- Identify and assess the skills, strengths and qualities required for a career in natural health
- Create and critique a career plan and their own educational pathway.
- This qualification builds on New Zealand Certificate in Foundation Skills (Level 3) .
- This qualification leads to further study or training at New Zealand Qualifications Framework Level 4 or above related to graduates’ chosen field of study.
Graduates can pathway to our NZ Diploma in Health Science (Level 5).
Graduates of this certificate may have enhanced employment opportunities in industries and professions associated with the context of their programme.
The entry criteria for this programme:
• Students must be over 16 years of age.
• Students must have NCEA Level 2, or
• Equivalent New Zealand School Certificate at Level 2, or
• Evidence of literacy and numeracy abilities equivalent to NCEA (Level 2).
We do not accept international students. Our programmes are available to New Zealand and Australian citizens / residents currently living in New Zealand.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is not offered for this Programme.
Programme Duration: 20 Weeks full-time or 40 Weeks part-time, exclusive of breaks
February 2024 Intake
Start Date: 19 February 2024
End Date: 30 June 2024
Start Date: 19 February 2024
End Date: 24 November 2024
| The Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology 13th Ed.
||E. N. Marieb & S. M. Keller
***You can purchase your textbook from our Bookshop*** Or online from an e-book retailer of your choice.