Lesley Braun and Marc Cohen
Herbs & Natural Supplements: An evidence based guide
37 in stock
37 in stock
Herbs and Natural Supplements, 4th Edition: An evidence-based guide is an authoritative, evidence-based reference. This two volume resource is essential to the safe and effective use of herbal, nutritional and food supplements.
The first volume provides a foundation of knowledge in the clinical practice of complementary medicine.
It emphasises safe practice with strategies to prevent adverse drug reactions, guidelines in assessing benefit, risk and harm and the evaluation of research.
The second volume provides current, evidence-based monographs on the 132 most popular herbs, nutrients and food supplements.
- Comprehensive review of herbal medicine, clinical nutrition, aromatherapy, and food as medicine
- Patient safety and wellness
- Considerations in preoperative care and pregnancy
- Use in the treatment of cancer
- Herb/nutrient – drug interactions
Provides up-to-date evidence on the latest research impacting on herbal and natural medicine by top leaders within the fields of Pharmacy, Herbal Medicine and Natural Medicine.