Helen Forbes, Elizabeth Watt
Physical Examination and Health Assessment 2nd Edition
4 in stock
4 in stock
The second edition of the leading Australian text Jarvis’s Physical Examination and Health Assessment has been carefully revised and updated to reflect current skills critical to the practice of registered nurses in an Australian and New Zealand context.
Jarvis’s Physical Examination and Health Assessment incorporates the most up-to-date research data, clinical practice, policies and procedures. Authors Helen Forbes and Elizabeth Watt skillfully embed prominent nursing concepts throughout including; patient-centered care, cultural and social considerations, health promotion and disease prevention, as well as the individual across the lifespan.
Jarvis’s Physical Examination and Health Assessment is the ideal tool for undergraduate nursing students, registered nurses and experienced practitioners wishing to develop and refine their health assessment skills.
- Comprehensively addresses approaches to the context of health assessment in nursing, key functional areas of health assessment and assessment tools and techniques
- Spelling, terminology, measurements, cultural and social considerations, clinical procedures and best practice updated to reflect the most recent Australian and New Zealand guidelines and protocols
- Summary checklists for all nursing and health professional examination techniques
- Part of a comprehensive and revised learning package including Pocket Companion Jarvis’s Physical Examination & Health Assessment 2e and Student Laboratory Manual Jarvis’s Physical Examination & Health Assessment 2e (not included within this textbook).
New to this Edition
- Revised Table of Contents – increased focus on relevance of the health assessment areas to the functional status of the person
- Common laboratory studies (including normal values) added to objective data tables where relevant
- New chapter on focused assessment integrating clinical decision-making and clinical reasoning
- New chapter on substance abuse assessment
- New chapter on the complete health assessment – outlines the application of various frameworks for health assessment (head to toe, body systems, functional)
- Clearly identified health assessment skills for beginning and advanced nursing practice
- Revised online learning and teaching resources available on evolve
- Revised clinical case studies which illustrate documentation and critical thinking related to the chapter focus.